Tuesday, March 10, 2015

What's It Like Dating a Person Who Has a Heart Disease

I sometimes wonder what goes through my boyfriend's head when I talk about my health, because he knows everything about it. Well, I think everything. I know that he worries a lot. I wouldn't blame him. Everyday he has to live with that "what if" moment or "today's the day that something happen." That "something is going to happen" thought actually happened. In my previous blog about the experience I had with the ER, he went through that with me. The fear, the anticipation, the not knowing what was going on, I bet I scared the living hell out of him. I think I actually did, because he was asking me so many questions that I had no answer for and that just made it worse for him. It probably didn't help that my phone died on him as well... I can't image what was going through his head when my phone died.

As a boyfriend you have those thought of "Should I go see her?", "What would happen if I did?", "What would happen if I didn't?", "How would her parents be if I showed up?" The endless possible thoughts of what should I do in this matter of situation. He didn't come see me which was actually fine, because I had no idea what going to happen to me and I didn't want to drag him into my mess I was in with the whole hospital situation.

Dating someone who has a heart disease takes your relationship to another whole level .You now have to understand what people can and can't do in a relationship. There's quite a few things that I can't do that everybody else can do and he is completely okay with that. I don't think that he knows this, but parties actually cause myself to stress which makes my heart stress. I don't know why it causes me to stress, I mean its just people that I know at a house just having a good time. But too many people is too overwhelming. I think that's why. So him and I don't go to parties anymore. I know he likes to go out with his friends, but he chooses to stay in on a Friday night and eat Chinese food with me.

There are other things to list, but that'll be too long and will take forever to read. Just know that the key to dating someone who has a heart disease is compromising, understanding, and being supportive.

3 comments: