Monday, March 9, 2015

My Experience with the ER

There are so many parts to living with a heart disease. It would honestly take me forever to write because I would have to do everything in my life and that is basically the last 20 years... Well, it would be the last 20 years. Life is crazy if you think about it. I mean I go to so many doctors, so many appointments, you would think that my life would be taken over.

As of now, I look and feel healthy, but inside I know that I am not. I now have to carry a little heart monitor for when I feel a double beat. I'm being tested for a double heart beat. They happen every so often and they don't last long. In January around when school started back up, for the whole week I had felt this massive pain and tightening in my chest that so happened to be a double heart beat. Some of those "episodes" would last 30 seconds to 10 minutes. I knew something was wrong with my body, because I can feel it.The worst one was on Wednesday. It started in the morning around 7:30 am and from there it went down hill. I remember making a sound like I was being suffocated in class. Then work came, around 4 pm it got to the point that the episodes was happening back to back. One of them happened when I was walking back from the restroom, it made both of my legs weak and I collapsed. Thank goodness I did it by a chair otherwise I would have been lying on the cold ground. By the time I got to the ER with my mom, I couldn't feel anything in my body. I went completely numb from my head to my toes. My mother tried pinching my fingers, nothing, the nurse poked my finger, and still I felt nothing.

After waiting for 15 minutes to get back to do an EKG, my body was still numb. Like I had some feeling coming back, but I sure couldn't walk. THEN, oh man this made me really really mad, I WAITED FOR 3 HOURS TO GET A ROOM. I am a person who has a heart condition who was having some massive heart pain and all they did was nothing. Now I don't know what it's like on the other side, but all I know is that people who came in after me were getting rooms before me. Usually it is first come, first serve, right? Oh man, my mother was livid. She called whoever was in charge of the hospital in the evening time and told the gal what was going on. I got called back as soon as my mother got off the phone with her. By that time, I had my feelings back in body and my episodes went down.

I was in the hospital for almost 20 hours trying to figure what in the world was going on with me. they didn't know. No one knows what's wrong with me. All they can do is to believe me with what I'm saying and feeling.

2 comments: