Tuesday, February 3, 2015

My Condition


                                         
Photo cred: google


I was born with a Congenital Heart Defect, Critical Pulmonary Stenosis, Atrial Septic Defect (ASD),  and Hypo-Plastic Right Heart Syndrome. That's a lot of big words that you probably have no idea what those mean. Have no fear! I thought I would be nice and give you a brief, easy, and understanding description of what each of those mean. Trust me, I have a hard time knowing what they mean.  

#1: Congenital Heart Defectwhich basically means that it changes the blood flow through my heart
#2: Critical Pulmonary Stenosisis caused by Cyanosis (blueish color of the skin that is due to not enough oxygen in the blood and a malformation of the heart that doesn't allow the arterial system blood be fully oxygenated).
#3: Atrial Septic Defect (ASD)is a hole between my two upper chambers which the condition is present at birth (hint: congenital). 
#4: Hypo-Plastic Right Heart Syndrome:is where my right ventricle failed to grow and develop like it was suppose to be and it cannot allow the proper amount of blood pumped to my right atrium.  


I hope that helped a little bit. If it didn't help, I'm sorry. 

3 comments: